Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ninja fighting.....and staples



So I actually have an event to blog about. I came home early from work because I had a few patients cancel. I thought, "This will be great- I can get some more laundry done and do a few things around the house." I called my mother-in-law to check in with her while I was folding some clothes and all the sudden I hear Evan screaming and then the breath hold. "I gotta go!" I shouted to my mother-in-law because the breath hold means serious business. I ran upstairs to my room with Connor hiding and Evan covered in blood. It was down his entire face all over his hands- completely everywhere!!!! Luckily I had a clean load of towels and slapped one on his head. I made a few phone calls. One to work, and the sweet ladies there canceled my afternoon appts, and the other to a friend to take Connor and Maya.


Evan is screaming and I finally get everyone loaded up and dropped off. On the 5 min car ride to the Urgent Care, Evan began to calm down. He said, "Mom, I am sure glad that I'm not dead!" as he trying to gain his composure.


We walked in and the front office gal told the Medical Assistant to get us right back. (I don't know if it was the saturated bloody towel or the dried blood over the entire face and hands that gave her the idea that this was urgent). They had to clean off Evans hand so that they could put the pulse monitor on his finger. He was brave and they washed him up, irrigated the wound and then threw a few staples in his head. They didn't even give him any anesthetic. The doctor actually said "whoops" when he was doing the 2nd staple. Then he said, "I guess us doctors aren't supposed to say whoops in the middle of something." (Ha, ha doctor- I am glad you are just doing staples and not surgery.)


So we went and got a Happy Meal and now Evan is resting on the bed headed for a nice nap. No more playing ninja with the vacuum hose any more.

2 comments:

The Larsons said...

Ouch! Aren't boys just obsessed with fighting?! I have such a hard time feeling sorry for my boys when they get hurt fighting, but this little guys definately deserved the TLC.

Lowd and Proud said...

That is a $200 wound. I had a chat with Connor and explained that I don't like to spend money like that on account of their goofing. Boys will be boys though...right?