So here is a recipe that if might want to try for Thanksgiving.....but give yourself some time. As my life has slown down I have tried to become more domestic. This recipe came from my mother-in-laws Blue Lake Ward Cookbook.
2 c. milk
1c. butter (plus)
2 TBSP Yeast
1 c. plus 2 TB sugar
6 eggs
1 1/2 tsp dalt
8 c. flour
Scald milk, then add 1 cup butter. Cool to lukewarm. Add yeast to 1/2 cup lukewarm water plus 2 tablespoons sugar. Set aside. Beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup sugar and salt. Add milk and butter mixture and yeast. Add flour and mix well. Dough will be sticky. COVER AND LET RISE 3 TO 4 HOURS! Turn out on WELL FLOURED board and divide into parts. Roll in circle as for pie-rather thin. Spread with butter. Cut in pie shape pieces; roll from large to small end. Put on a greased pan; don't crowd. Let stand till double. Bake 10-12 minutes at 375. Don't overbake.
These rolls are sooooo good, but they do take a long time. I did an experiment this evening. I froze the rolls before letting them rise. (Like Rhoades dough) I took them out this afternoon and they seem to be looking good- starting to puff up nice. We'll see how they taste for dinner, but so far so good!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mmmm, they sound good. I am not sure what my assignment is yet for Thanksgiving, but if I get assigned rolls, I will have to give this a try. Do you know how many they make?
Post a Comment